Sunday, 31 August 2014
Thursday, 14 August 2014
Tracklaying is complete in the fiddle yard, and I have put on all of the brass tubes for track alignment. However, there is still some wiring to be completed, along with some sort of "end-stop" to prevent disasters...
Saturday, 4 January 2014
During some time off work this week I finally got around to fitting the curved backscene board:
It is made from 5mm flexible ply, which turned out to be simple to use as I could bend it to shape in the existing framework, then fix with glue. Unfortunately I had to get a full 8x4 sheet, so I now have plenty spare. I thought about bendy MDF from B&Q but this was only a 4x2 sheet - not long enough for my whole backscene in one piece.
You can also glimpse the goods shed which has occupied idle moments over the Xmas holiday. There are still quite a few details missing, not to mention the roof, but the basic superstructure is in place. I will post better pictures in due course, but it is based on drawings of the shed at Garve.